I have to admit – in the past I haven’t liked meal plans and have actively avoided them. Every meal plan that I saw was overly complicated (I don’t want to spend 30 minutes chopping veggies for dinner, thank you very much!), lacked variety (no, I don’t want a salad at EVERY meal), felt restrictive (small portions of foods I didn’t like), and still lacked the nutrition that I was looking for (not enough vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy fats, and fiber).
That is all in the past though, because now I have a meal plan that I absolutely love. It has everything that I have been looking for and it is simple! I call this the Good Nutrition Made Easy meal plan because that is exactly what it is – good nutrition, made easy!
Here are just some of the benefits of (aka what I love about) this plan:
1. Balances blood sugar to reduce cravings – when you eat in a way that keeps your blood sugar steady throughout the day, you hunger hormones are kept in check and you don’t get overly hungry or get strong cravings
2. Low sugar – too much sugar is bad news for our bodies – it causes a whole slew of negative effects, including blood sugar spikes followed by dips which leads to cravings, and over time, a need for more and more sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth (sugar is addictive and actually activates the same regions of the brain as morphine!)
3. High fiber – fills you up with less, keeps you regular. You should have at least 20g of fiber a day to help your digestive system running smoothly (most people don’t get anywhere near this amount!). Fiber has other important benefits too (especially for those who are concerned about their weight) – it adds bulk to food to help you feel full, and it slows digestion to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
4. Nutrient dense – improves mood & energy. When we eat whole, healthy, nutrient rich foods we naturally feel better. Additionally, research has shown that fast food and processed foods have a negative impact on symptoms of depression and anxiety.
5. Fast & Easy – easy to follow = easy to stick with. The whole plan requires minimal prep work and each meal is ready in 15 minutes or less. When you’ve got a plan with quick, easy meals and snacks, you won’t be tempted to grab take out because you aren’t sure what to make (or don’t have the energy to put a complicated dinner together).
6. Includes recipes & shopping lists – takes the guesswork out of healthy eating and saves time!
7. Saves you money! Families save money with this plan – it uses healthy, whole foods that are minimally processed. By taking out heavily processed foods, the average savings is $20-50 per week.
8. Teaches lifelong healthy eating strategies. Say good bye to plans that you have to stick with forever to maintain your results. This meal plan helps you learn how to eat in a healthy way that feels good for your body and builds healthy habits that you can continue long after you choose to finish with the plan.
9. Varies calories, protein, carbs, & fat daily – keeps the body guessing so that you don’t get used to one way of eating.
10. Never feel hungry or deprived – you can eat as much as you want with the Good Nutrition Made Easy Meal Plan. Start off with the recommended serving sizes then add seconds if you’re still hungry. Add as many fresh veggies as you want too!
Remember, healthy eating is a lifestyle. Good nutrition starts at home, and it begins with YOU!
Do you want to take the guess work out of healthy eating?
Want a nutrition plan that works for the whole family?
Ready to make meal prep fast & easy?
Individual programs are available now and can be delivered virtually to anywhere in the world. The Good Nutrition Made Easy program includes 4 week meal plan, recipes, shopping lists, and all training and support. Email Lisa@healthappeal.ca with ‘meal plan’ in the subject line for info.
Take care and be well!
Please enter text here…